BOOKS! What Are They Good For?

The task set to us to complete for 2nd February was to create a book as an art form by taking the

simplest definition of a book.

Definition:

A written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in

covers. (Oxford Dictionaries, 2015)

My Definition:

A book holds information.

Using this information, I devised the idea from one of my book titles. The Complete Collection Of

The History Of The Lizard Kingdom. Using this title as a stimulus I decided that I would create a book

that was a representation of the information held inside of it. Lizards can be pets. When kept as pets

lizard are kept in clear containers with no freedom to leave their surroundings unless exhumed by

their owners. I used this information in order to come up with the idea of using a plastic bottle and

shoving information forcibly into it, this would create a sense that not all information is obtainable

either, or that all information is set out as one would want it.

I gathered information on lizards and cut it into fragments, I placed it all into the bottle. Voila, my

book.

IMG_20150227_041027687 IMG_20150227_041018581 IMG_20150227_041008975 IMG_20150227_041002296

Billy Cummock

OxfordDictionaries (2015) Book: Definition[Online] Available at: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/book